Sunday, October 1, 2017

Linda's Activities

                                                                     
I found a couple of Sisters who like to sing almost as much as I do.  Liz Liljenquist, center, is our soprano. Beverly Winegarden is a great alto and I add the 2nd soprano or tenor. Both of their husbands also work as Legal Counsels in the Area Office. So we call ourselves the "Legal Sisters." We have sung for our Scripture Study group and plan to sing again soon. Unfortunately, Liz will be leaving in November, so we will have to find a replacement. I love a women's trio.

I am also singing in a Community Choir called Accragio. That is a combination of Accra and Adagio (a musical term). I don't have a picture of this group to add, but just wanted to mention it in my activities post. It is an excellent group, with many people from different parts of the world. Several are connected to one of the many embassies located here. It is a group of about 35 or so. I am enjoying our rehearsals every Tuesday evening. The accompanist for the choir is the wife of Chris' boss, so she is the connection.
 I have had the opportunity to take a couple of tennis lessons with these 2 sisters. Sister Shelley Nash, on the left, me, Sister Diane Carter, and our instructor, Daniel. We play at 6:30 in the morning, in order to beat some of the heat and so I can get to the office at a respectable time. Unfortunately, Sister Carter's mission time was up and she just left. Sister Nash and I will continue to go when we can. 
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment