Sunday, August 20, 2017

Chris' First Round of African Golf


There is one course in Accra and it was built by the British when they settled the area.  You must use a caddie.  "John" is on left and "David" on right.
The course will help me keep some sort of swing while we are here.  The greens are in good shape but very slow compared to USA.  Fairways have a Bermuda type grass with big patches of clay.  I rate the course as a below average condition municipal course but I am grateful to be able to play it.

Elder Jones getting instructions for his second shot from John.

Caddies
Elder Wayne Jones, a retired Canadian engineer, is an avid golfer and was glad to include me in my first round of African golf!

My hat was given to me by my good friends and golfing buddies at GlenOaks in Louisville, KY.  They all signed it and I am grateful for such good friends (who I know are building their handicaps while I am here!).


Chris and "David", the first caddie I have ever had!  A very nice guy who can really read a green.

This is a termite hill around the trunk of this tree on the 16th fairway.

No comments:

Post a Comment